Guestbook  
Write a comment for this guestbook entry. Back to Guestbook | Administration
Sign the Guestbook:
1117) IP logged  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; GTB7.0; SLCC1; .NET 
Geoff Warren 
marj-geoff@shaw.ca
Tuesday, 10. May 2011 13:49 IP: 24.69.195.214 Write a comment Send E-mail

From the son of Ted Warren, hello and best wishes to all those who might have worked with my Dad. I thank the men and women who maintain/support this wonderful site and for keeping the memories alive. Kudos!

I found the site only today (in a very round-about way) while conducting research on a late uncle (Dad's brother-in-law/my Mom's brother) who was killed in Normandy in '44 while serving with the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals.

Long story short; Bill Lockhart was mentioned in one of my "Sigs" books, which got me thinking about Dad (who'd worked for Col. Lockhart years ago at EA), and here I am.

Dad didn't speak much of what he did at EA for all those years, but from this site and Buck Arbuckle's excellent overview of EA/DFAIT "Communications", I now have some idea what he was doing when disappearing overseas for sometimes weeks at a time. Was also neat to see a few pics of Dad taken at the reunion the year before?? he died in 2005.

Best regards to all.

Geoff Warren
Comments:
Name:
Password: